[CalendarServer-users] Creating a new calendar (Calendarserver and Evolution)

Volker Böhm volker at vboehm.de
Thu Feb 19 14:09:05 PST 2009

Am Donnerstag, den 19.02.2009, 16:44 -0500 schrieb Cyrus Daboo:
> --On February 19, 2009 9:32:03 PM +0100 Volker Böhm <volker at vboehm.de>
> wrote:
>
> > on my Ubuntu 8.10 I installed the package 'calendarserver' edited the
> > accounts.xml creating two users and started the server. Then I used an
> > evolution (2.24.3) as client. Up to here (using the calendar 'calendar')
> > everything worked fine.
> >
> > But when I tried to create another calendar
> > (caldav://<MyServer>:8008/calendars/users/vb/test6) evolution asked me
> > for my password for this calendar and pretended that it created the new
> > calendar without any further message. In the servers error log I found
> > the line
>
> Maybe Evolution does not know how to create calendars. Trying using
> "calendar" as the name for the calendar instead of "test6". By default the
> calendar server provisions user accounts with "calendar".

Hello,
as I mentioned, with the default calendar 'calendar' everything works
fine. But I need several calendars (one for my business appointments,
one for private activities, one for ...). They all show up in different
colors in my calendar tool. And when I'm at work I don't want anybody to
look over my shoulder an watch my private appointments; so there I don't
use my private calendar.

Therefore I need more the one calendar and in all calendar tools I know
that's quite normal.

Regards  Volker
--
Volker Böhm         Tel.: +49 4141 981152         www.vboehm.de
Voßkuhl 5           Fax:  +49 4141 981154
D-21682 Stade       mailto:volker at vboehm.de