[CalendarServer-users] Creating a new calendar (Calendarserver and Evolution)

Georg Troska georg.troska at uni-dortmund.de
Thu Feb 19 15:07:31 PST 2009

Hi Volker,
I use the same setup that you have described. I was able to add new
calendars with iCal. The calendarserver creates these calendars in /
var/spool/caldavd/calendars/__uids__/<username>/ and gives the new
calendars guids instead of easy readable names. For easy usage with
evolution I have simply renamed these guids to simple directory-names
like holidays or konferences. iCal and lightning finds them.

I have just tried to copy one calendar to build another. This calendar
does not appear. It does not work

An other solution if you don't get it running with evolution is to use
the CalDavClientLibrary. You can create new calendars with it, as I do
understand. Unfortunately I have still problems with the
authentication of that tool. I seems it only accepts plain passwords
and even this did not run so far on my setup

Hope this helps Georg