[CalendarServer-users] Mulberry and DCS

Cyrus Daboo cdaboo at apple.com
Tue Jul 14 10:01:50 PDT 2009

Hi Markus,

--On July 14, 2009 6:31:36 PM +0200 Markus Stürmer
<markus.stuermer at informatik.uni-erlangen.de> wrote:

> I am trying to get Mulberry (4.0.8 MacOS X) to work with DCS (SVN
> revision 4453).
>
> I tried to follow the instructions at the DCS web site, but it seems
> Mulberry has problems with my self-signed SSL certificate. There is no
> error message, but it also does not query a password.
>
> After switching to insecure HTTP for tests, I could enter the password,
> but retrieving the calendar list failed with the error message:
> "Could not list calendars:Unauthorized"
> "Account: <account name>"
>
> I also tried switching from Digest-MD5 to cleartext (of course in
> Mulberry AND DCS), but no change. BTW, get the same response if I enter
> an invalid password (but it is correct, I tried it quite a lot of times).
>
> Did anyone get this combination working (recent Mulberry + DCS)? Are
> certain configuration options causing trouble, like preventing anonymous
> directory listings?

Mulberry v4.0.8 does not like the SSLv3 protocol that is now being used
exclusively by DCS. One option is to change your config with the key:

<key>SSLMethod</key>
<string>SSLv23_METHOD</string>

But bear in mind that will reduce your security.

I do have a private build of Mulberry (OS X only) that fixes this based on
code that is on a branch. If you would like to see that available please
bug me on the mulberry mailing list...

--
Cyrus Daboo