[CalendarServer-users] iMIP replies and Lighning interoperability (Update)

Helge Heß me at helgehess.eu
Fri May 15 15:41:44 PDT 2009

Hi,

On 15.05.2009, at 23:08, Markus Stürmer wrote:
> Both parties had good arguments there, I think.

well, I have not heard any good (actually none at all) arguments pro-
UUID, contra X-UUID yet.

> Why changing a standard-compliant implementation, only because
> others don't implement it correctly? Why porting software to Linux
> and insisting on a certain approach when there is no client
> supporting it?

Apple does not port the software to Linux :-)

> CalDAV may just be too complicated…

No. CalDAV does not enforce uuid's. Thats a very special thing of the
Apple server. Both, server and client need to deal with any iCal
ATTENDEE ID. Can be UUID, mailto, tel, anything.

> iMiP seems to work fine in both, iCal and Lightning. Is there a way
> of doing that?
>
> Unfortunately I also don't expect sunbird/lighning to support DCS's
> urn schemes soon. It is just not common enough, and they are already
> short on developers. :-(

As of now, there is no way to resolve UUID ATTENDEEs. Its plain
impossible for a client to remap incoming iMIP messages (a UUID is
completely opaque to the client).

Helge
--
Helge Hess