[CalendarServer-users] Sharing calendars, events

Pascal Robert probert at macti.ca
Tue May 19 13:34:21 PDT 2009

Le 09-05-19 à 16:25, arun chhetri a écrit :

> Sorry for previous email that Was not complete
> Hi Pascal,
>
>  thanks for quick response
>
> I am working for CalDav client,,,
> any sorry for confusing query,,
>
> so, specifically my question is, how can I add an attendee to a
> particular event
>
> ok, so adding an attendee I guess is similar to updating or adding a
> new .ics file in the repository using PUT request with essentially
> the following parameters
> ATTENDEE;PARTSTAT;RSVP;ROLE;
> CUTYPE;CN,Desruisseaux
>
> 1)so my question is if user X want to add an attendee user Y for an
> event, I will make a post to which user X or Y and what will be the
> URL?

Exact. If you do your client in Java, I have code to do the free/busy
lookup (it will be added to ical4j-connector when I'm done with my
changes). You can also check the TCP traffic between iCal and your
CalDAV server to see what iCal is doing, this is what I do (I use
tcpflow).

> 2) Same if user X wants to share some calendar with User Y,,,, how
> will he do that,,

I think you have two options :

	Sharing with WebDAV : http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4791#section-8.4

	Delegation : where you can act as another user. I can't remember
which RFC is it

> Thanks
> Arun

Pascal Robert