[CalendarServer-users] Cannot connect to calendarserver on Debian

bobber bobber at kc0dxf.net
Sun May 24 17:53:02 PDT 2009

I am trying to get the Debian calendarserver package setup and running.  I
have installed the package along with the python-twisted-web package.  I
have added the user_xattr option to the partition which contains
/var/spool/caldavd.  I copied the files from
/usr/share/doc/calendarserver/examples to /etc/caldavd.   Also modified
/etc/default/calendarserver so it will start.

When I start the server and try to connect to http://localhost:8008/ I get
nothing.  When I telnet to 8008, connection is refused.  When I do a ps aux
| grep caldav, I get this line which seems to indicate caldav is running:
root      5076  0.0  0.3  19248 12140 ?        S    16:24   0:00 python
/usr/bin/twistd caldav

Any suggestions?