[CalendarServer-users] Cannot connect to calendarserver on Debian

Dameon Wagner d.wagner at ru.ac.za
Mon May 25 01:04:48 PDT 2009

On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 05:53:02PM -0700, bobber scribbled
 in "[CalendarServer-users] Cannot connect to calendarserver on Debian":

> I am trying to get the Debian calendarserver package setup and running.  I
> have installed the package along with the python-twisted-web package.  I
> have added the user_xattr option to the partition which contains
> /var/spool/caldavd.  I copied the files from
> /usr/share/doc/calendarserver/examples to /etc/caldavd.   Also modified
> /etc/default/calendarserver so it will start.
>
> When I start the server and try to connect to http://localhost:8008/ I get
> nothing.  When I telnet to 8008, connection is refused.  When I do a ps aux
> | grep caldav, I get this line which seems to indicate caldav is running:
> root      5076  0.0  0.3  19248 12140 ?        S    16:24   0:00 python
> /usr/bin/twistd caldav
>
> Any suggestions?

Two quick things to try.  Firstly, `netstat -antup` and see if
anything is listening on port 8008.  If it is, my next suggestion
would be to check if you have any firewall rules that may be blocking
access, so `iptables -vnL` and see if anything in there matches.

Cheers.

Dameon.