[CalendarServer-users] LaunchAgent?

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Sat Nov 21 16:42:01 PST 2009

On Nov 21, 2009, at 2:17 AM, Ralf Höling wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i just setup a DCS on a Leopard Client System in my user-folder and
> it works fine. The only problem is that I have to start the server
> by hand; the launch-agent doesn't work and the run-script doesn't
> look like described in
> <http://tobyrush.blogspot.com/2007/11/dummies-guide-to-darwin-calendar-server.html
> >
> so I'm not able to make the changes, described there. On Konsole I
> get the following error-message:
>
> 21.11.09 11:05:27 org.apple.calendar[184] /Users/ralf/Kalender/
> CalendarServer/run: line 38: support/build.sh: No such file or
> directory
> 21.11.09 11:05:27 com.apple.launchd[159] (org.apple.calendar[184])
> Exited with exit code: 1
>
> Is there any possibility for creating a working LaunchAgent or
> startup-item?

You can start correctly from the command line with no trouble?  Have
you made a launchd item before?  About the only thing you need to be
careful about is >> redirection and pipes and such:

appame >> some_log_file.txt
appname | grep foo >> some_log_file.txt

Both those are problematic and will need special care.

Otherwise, you jsut take your command that works in the shell, and set
it in a plist, set your start schedile etc.  Look to Lingon to make it
dead easy to make on your own.

I would do something like
cd /path/to/DCS; ./run -d
That is the command, there will be about 10 more lines to control a
few other things, but Lingon can put them all in for you.

Or, as I most often do, use an existing plist as a template, make a
copy, and load it in.