[CalendarServer-users] LaunchAgent?

Ralf Höling hoeling at mac.com
Sat Nov 21 14:08:03 PST 2009

Hi Cyrus!

Am 21.11.2009 um 20:42 schrieb Cyrus Daboo:

> Hi Ralf,
>
> --On November 21, 2009 11:17:05 AM +0100 Ralf Höling
> <hoeling at mac.com> wrote:
>
>> i just setup a DCS on a Leopard Client System in my user-folder and
>> it
>> works fine. The only problem is that I have to start the server by
>> hand;
>> the launch-agent doesn't work and the run-script doesn't look like
>> described in
>> <http://tobyrush.blogspot.com/2007/11/dummies-guide-to-darwin-calendar-se
>> rver.html >
>> so I'm not able to make the changes, described there. On Konsole I
>> get
>> the following error-message:
>>
>> 21.11.09 11:05:27 org.apple.calendar[184]
>> /Users/ralf/Kalender/CalendarServer/run: line 38: support/build.sh:
>> No
>> such file or directory
>> 21.11.09 11:05:27 com.apple.launchd[159] (org.apple.calendar[184])
>> Exited
>> with exit code: 1
>>
>> Is there any possibility for creating a working LaunchAgent or
>> startup-item?
>
> support/build.sh was added on trunk recently. Exactly how did you
> get the source onto your machine? Did you pull it directly from
> trunk? Are you willing to run a server based of "bleeding edge" code
> that is changing a lot - that is what trunk will do right now.
> Alternatively, if you prefer a stable release, try checking out
> CalendarServer/tags/release/CalendarServer-2.3.
>
> --
> Cyrus Daboo

I installed it as described here:
<http://mac.delta-c.de/node/1387>
and with
<svn checkout http://svn.calendarserver.org/repository/calendarserver/CalendarServer/trunk
  CalendarServer>
I don't want bleeding edge software, I just want a working CalDav-
Server. So I will try to get the stable one as you proposed.
Thank you for your answer.
Best Regards

Ralf