[CalendarServer-users] calendarserver behaves extreme slow, what is going on

Jelle de Jong jelledejong at powercraft.nl
Sun Oct 11 05:30:36 PDT 2009

Guy wrote:
> What clients are you using to connect?I'm using Darwin calendar via
> iPhone and iCal on mac and it's very fast.

The server side is a Ubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty Jackalope) dedicated server
running calendarserver_1.2.dfsg-8_all.deb.

The client machines are Debian Stable, testing and unstable, Ubuntu, and
Windows machines all using thunderbird or icedove with the lighting
plugin or the standalone sunbird or iceowl application.

These same applications are very fast with the zimbra caldav server, and
I know that gnome evolution is also slow with my calendarserver setup.

I am not really a supporter of using custom compiled software on a
server, because of the maintenance and security considerations.

Hope this info is helpful,

Best regards,

Jelle