[CalendarServer-users] PyKerberos and FreeBSD

Bastien Semene bsemene at cyanide-studio.com
Mon Oct 12 05:36:22 PDT 2009

Hi,

I'm currently running DCS r3443 successfully.
While testing the last release I found several problems, the one
reported by Lars N. Cleemann :
http://www.mail-archive.com/calendarserver-users@lists.macosforge.org/msg01293.html

and another.

On r3721 ( http://trac.calendarserver.org/changeset/3721/ ) I have a
problem with PyKerberos on FreeBSD 7.0, here are the logs from an
interactive ./run :

./run
Using python as Python

exec python /usr/local/new_calendar/Twisted/bin/twistd  -n caldav -f
/usr/local/new_calendar/CalendarServer/conf/caldavd-dev.plist -o
ProcessType=Combined
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "/usr/local/new_calendar/Twisted/bin/twistd", line 21, in <module>
   run()
 File "/usr/local/new_calendar/Twisted/twisted/scripts/twistd.py", line
27, in run
   app.run(runApp, ServerOptions)
 File "/usr/local/new_calendar/Twisted/twisted/application/app.py", line
374, in run
   config.parseOptions()
 File "/usr/local/new_calendar/Twisted/twisted/application/app.py", line
354, in parseOptions
   usage.Options.parseOptions(self, options)
 File "/usr/local/new_calendar/Twisted/twisted/python/usage.py", line
184, in parseOptions
   for (cmd, short, parser, doc) in self.subCommands:
 File "/usr/local/new_calendar/Twisted/twisted/application/app.py", line
365, in subCommands
   self.loadedPlugins[plug.tapname] = plug
 File
"/usr/local/new_calendar/CalendarServer/twisted/plugins/caldav.py", line
9, in getProperty
   return getattr(reflect.namedClass(self.serviceMakerClass), propname)
 File "/usr/local/new_calendar/Twisted/twisted/python/reflect.py", line
347, in namedObject
   module = namedModule(string.join(classSplit[:-1], '.'))
 File "/usr/local/new_calendar/Twisted/twisted/python/reflect.py", line
335, in namedModule
   topLevel = __import__(name)
 File
"/usr/local/new_calendar/CalendarServer/calendarserver/tap/caldav.py",
line 65, in <module>
   from twistedcaldav.directory.principal import
DirectoryPrincipalProvisioningResource
 File
"/usr/local/new_calendar/CalendarServer/twistedcaldav/directory/principal.py",
line 48, in <module>
   from twistedcaldav.authkerb import NegotiateCredentials
 File
"/usr/local/new_calendar/CalendarServer/twistedcaldav/authkerb.py", line
41, in <module>
   import kerberos
ImportError:
/usr/local/new_calendar/PyKerberos/build/lib.freebsd-7.0-RELEASE-i386-2.5/kerberos.so:
Undefined symbol "gss_nt_service_name"

I made this "test" with a clean folder and the following 2 commands :

svn co
http://svn.calendarserver.org/repository/calendarserver/CalendarServer/trunk
CalendarServer -r3721
svn co
http://svn.calendarserver.org/repository/calendarserver/PyKerberos/trunk
PyKerberos -r3721

After that I followed the usual steps for FreeBSD writen by Roy Hooper
that are working for r3720 and my current r3443.
I'm not sure there's a problem in the code, I maybe can configure
PyKerberos differently but don't know where to start.

Thanks for your help,

--
Bastien Semene
Administrateur Réseau & Système