[CalendarServer-users] invalid tokens and a missing setuptools

Conrad Wasmer conrad at wasmer.homeip.net
Mon Aug 30 21:35:32 PDT 2010

Well, I figured out enough to get myself going and it seems worth posting this for sake of closing the loop.  I had just installed python 2.7 and it seems that setuptools needs to be added to that package - it's not automatically in there.  I was getting this error when I ran ./run

Building dateutil...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./setup.py", line 7, in <module>
    from setuptools import setup
ImportError: No module named setuptools

Installing setuptools for 2.7 fixed the problem.  Seems self-evident, but I don't play with python on a regular basis and had no living idea!

cheers all -

Conrad