[CalendarServer-users] CalendarServer doesn't send out invitations

Ove Ranheim oranheim at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 14:53:15 PST 2010

On Feb 2, 2010, at 11:42 PM, Stroller wrote:

> On 2 Feb 2010, at 22:07, Ove Ranheim wrote:
>> IMIP seems correctly configured. Here my snippet for the SMTP:
>>
>> <key>Sending</key>
>> <dict>
>>    <key>Server</key>
>>    <string>mail.example.com</string>
>>    <key>Port</key>
>>    <integer>25</integer>
>>    <key>UseSSL</key>
>>    <false/>
>>    <key>Username</key>
>>    <string>cal</string>
>>    <key>Password</key>
>>    <string>********</string>
>>    <key>Address</key>
>>    <string>cal@ example.com</string> <!-- Address email will be sent from -->
>> </dict>
>>

>> If someone could advise me here, it would be highly appreciated.
>>
>> Are there other config files that should have looked into?
>
> mail.example.com does not resolve.
>
> Assuming you're really using a valid host, does it really need a user & pass?
>
> Can you install postfix on this machine, and submit to localhost? That way you get to look at the logs if it doesn't work.
>
> Alternatively, can you install ssmtp *spit* on this machine and submit to your ISP via localhost?

The example.com was just an example. My real real domain is valid. I left it out intentionally.

My company mail server and E(SMTP) daemon works perfectly fine, so do IMAP.

According to my mail server's log, that are no traces of DCS trying to even connect to it. If it did, I should see an error message like wrong password, or could not connect, etc.

The prone of error is most likely related to my configuration of DCS.

Ove