[CalendarServer-users] CalendarServer doesn't send out invitations

Stroller stroller at stellar.eclipse.co.uk
Tue Feb 2 14:42:12 PST 2010

On 2 Feb 2010, at 22:07, Ove Ranheim wrote:
> IMIP seems correctly configured. Here my snippet for the SMTP:
>
> <key>Sending</key>
> <dict>
>     <key>Server</key>
>     <string>mail.example.com</string>
>     <key>Port</key>
>     <integer>25</integer>
>     <key>UseSSL</key>
>     <false/>
>     <key>Username</key>
>     <string>cal</string>
>     <key>Password</key>
>     <string>********</string>
>     <key>Address</key>
>     <string>cal@ example.com</string> <!-- Address email will be
> sent from -->
> </dict>
>

> If someone could advise me here, it would be highly appreciated.
>
> Are there other config files that should have looked into?

mail.example.com does not resolve.

Assuming you're really using a valid host, does it really need a user
& pass?

Can you install postfix on this machine, and submit to localhost? That
way you get to look at the logs if it doesn't work.

Alternatively, can you install ssmtp *spit* on this machine and submit
to your ISP via localhost?

Stroller.