[CalendarServer-users] Group Calendaring and Shared Calendars

abhi abhi at littlewiki.in
Tue Mar 2 22:14:07 PST 2010

Hi Folks,

I recently read that groups are being removed from the calendarserver.
Currently I have a setup where my users are collaborating with the help
of group calendars. Since this will not be possible with future versions
of calendarserver, what is the best workaround for a client like
Sunbird/Lightning ? I am currently setting up a user calendar with a
common password so all users can access it but it's a really ugly hack.

I am listing down my list of queries:

   1. Does calendarserver support shared calendaring? The last comment
      in bug 330 says that there is no such support in calserver yet or
      does it mean there is no support for common shared calendars ?.
   2. Can a user still share his calendars with others ? Can a user
      delegate his calendars to other people?
   3. Can I have calendars for conference rooms and other resources.
   4. Is there a wiki page on what has been implemented with regards to
      the RFCs?

Regards,
Abhi