[CalendarServer-users] Problem with iCal Server upon restart (iCal.app cannot find the calendars on the server)

Christoffer Winterkvist christoffer at winterkvist.com
Mon Nov 1 04:46:40 PDT 2010

Hi,

I'm having some trouble with the iCal Server.
Everything works just as it should until I restart the server. When I do all iCal clients get prompted with:

The server responded with an error.

The calendar https://serveraddress/principals/__uids__/{uid}/ was not found on the server. Make sure the URL is correct.

And it keeps prompting about that until iCal.app crashes or I remove the account.

When I add the account again in iCal everything seems to be working O.K... until I do another restart of the iCal server.

It seems that it is only the "normal" account that are affected... Wiki Calendars work as they are suppose to even after a restart.

I'm running a Mac OS X Server 10.6.4 with a Standalone directory.

When I look in /var/log/caldavd/error.log I find the following:

[-] notifications 2010-10-28 19:21:36+0200 XmlStream,clienthttp://twistedcaldav.notify.XMPPNotifier#info JID not allowed in roster: {@email}

caldav-8010 PooledMemCacheProtocol,client http://twistedcaldav.extensions#info PROPFIND /principals/users/{users}/ HTTP/1.1

{} - marks what I have removed from the log.

Any ideas why the iCal Server get amentia ?
Because of this, all delegates and all that type of information also disappear upon restart.

If I access the accounts from the web calendar it works just fine and after I've done that I can also access the account via
iCal. When looking thru the principals/users/ listing via a web browser the users don't get added until I've either accessed
it via web browser calendar or re-added it in iCal. So I'm guessing that the startup calendars process is a bit of.

If there is any additional information that you might need to help me solve this conundrum, just ask.

Thanks in advance

Mvh
Christoffer Winterkvist
christoffer at winterkvist.com