[CalendarServer-users] cardDAV from mac and iPhone

Chris Bell chris.bell at itblox.co.uk
Tue Nov 30 01:17:22 PST 2010

Looking through the access and error logs on the server, whilst I'm connecting from both the address book app on my mac and from the iPhone, I can see the iPhone querying

PROPFIND /addressbooks/__uid__/{uid of user}
PROPFIND /addressbooks/__uid__/{uid of user}/
PROPFIND /addressbooks/__uid__/{uid of user}
PROPFIND /addressbooks/__uid__/{uid of user}/

(with and without slashes)

and then it does a

PROPFIND /directory

the addressbook app calls

PROPFIND /directory
PROPFIND /principals/users/{username}
PROPFIND /addressbooks/__uid__/{uid of user}/addressbook/

which is when it successfully connects.  I'm assuming that the iPhone is looking through the server in a different way in which to find the address books, or I've created an address book incorrectly on the mac and the iPhone is struggling to understand.  If I find out more I'll post it, hopefully this will help someone other than me ;)