[CalendarServer-users] OpenLDAP & calendarserver

BarbUk barbarisme at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 00:59:00 PDT 2011

Hi,

Ladislav Wartha wrote:

> Before I used openLDAP i was using account.xml file and there it was
> working just fine.
>
> Any advice?

Have you try to had the login and the password of your principal admin in
the imip section ?

<!-- iMIP protocol options -->
      <key>iMIP</key>
      <dict>
        <key>Enabled</key>
        <true/>
        <key>MailGatewayServer</key>
        <string>localhost</string>
        <key>MailGatewayPort</key>
        <integer>62310</integer>
        <key>Username</key>
        <string>ADMINUSERNAME</string>
        <key>Password</key>
        <string>ADMINPASSWORD</string>

It work for me with an account (not com.apple.calendarserver) in the
account.xml file + the users UID in <key>AdminPrincipals</key>.

But i have a problem with my DCS/ldap installation. The auth and calendars
works but i have two major issues :
  - when i add an invitation for a meeting, the free/busy is working nice,
but all email are replaced with "urn:uuid:.......". In my caldavs.plist, I
have the key "<key>guidAttr</key>" defined to entryUUID, but no such field
in my ldap. My ldap have a field SambaUid, which is a unique key for each
user. I change the <key>guidAttr</key> to that. Now, all my principals have
an address with the sambaUid (/principal/users/__uuid__/$SAMBAUID), and the
calendars are working in lighting, but email for meeting are now replaced
with the sambaUid. Why the uuid isn't replaced with the mail field of the
ldap ?

  - When i try to invite a stranger (not a user in my ldap), there is a
modification error in lightning, and the DCS log tells me that the email is
not in my ldap  http://hpaste.org/45871/dcs_ldap_error
http://hpaste.org/45871/dcs_ldap_error .
But this is a blocking event, there is no modification in the calendar, and
an error popup in lightning.

I use DCS 2.4 with Debian Squeeze and lightning 1b2 (i also try with 1b3).
My ldap configuration is very similar to the one provided by Fredrik, with a
SambaUID replacing the GidNumber.

This is my caldavd.plist  http://hpaste.org/45872/caldavdplist