[CalendarServer-users] Externally originated event invitation

Morgen Sagen sagen at apple.com
Wed Feb 2 10:04:45 PST 2011

Short answer:

In 2.4, externally originated event invitations are never replied to by the server itself (although that feature is in the current trunk).  It's up to the client to respond.

Slightly less short answer:

In 2.4, when you copy an external invitation to a CalDAV calendar and change your PARTSTAT, the server should be setting SCHEDULE-STATUS=5.3 on the ORGANIZER, which is an indication to iCal that the server doesn't know how to do scheduling for the organizer.  iCal should be doing another PUT with SCHEDULE-AGENT=CLIENT on the ORGANIZER and then sending the reply itself via Mail.app.