[CalendarServer-users] CardDAV instalattion integrated in caldav

Andre LaBranche dre at apple.com
Wed Feb 2 11:17:43 PST 2011

Are you running trunk? To use a known working configuration, cp conf/caldavd-dev.plist conf/caldavd-test.plist, then start the server. In this configuration, the service is listening (on localhost) on all the required ports. If you use a browser to hit http://localhost:8800,  you should see a top-level listing similar to:

Name	Size	Last Modified	MIME Type
.calendarserver_version	1	2010-Sep-22 14:03	text/plain
.well-known/	?		(collection)
addressbooks/	?		(collection)
admin	?		(collection)
calendars/	?		(collection)
directory/	?		(collection, addressbook, directory)
principals/	?		(collection)
timezones	?		text/xml (timezones)
webcal	?		(collection)

You can validate CardDAV by running the 'testserver' script included with CalendarServer. This script runs tests provided by CalDAVTester, which should be a sibling directory to CalendarServer.

I have updated and consolidated our documentation about CalDAVTester:

https://trac.calendarserver.org/wiki/CalDAVTester

-dre