[CalendarServer-users] Install of CalenderServer fails on Ubuntu 10.04

Stroller stroller at stellar.eclipse.co.uk
Fri Jan 14 02:32:49 PST 2011

On 14/1/2011, at 6:27am, Laurence Popiel wrote:

> using a web browser  with internap.dl.sourceforge.net returns server not
> found
>
> grep -Ri -e internap -e sourceforge .  returns 4 references that match
> internap.dl.sourceforge.net
>
> two in ./run
>  ./run  www_get "PyXML" "${xml} http:/internap.dl.sourceforge.net
> /sourceforge/pyxml/PyXML-0.8.4.tar.gz
>  ./run  www_get "PyDirector" "${pydirector} http:/
> internap.dl.sourceforge.net
> /sourceforge/pythondirector/pydirector-1.0.0.tar.gz
>
> and two in
> ./svn/text-base/run.svn-base: www_get "PyXML" "${xml} http:/
> internap.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/pyxml/PyXML-0.8.4.tar.gz
> ./svn/text-base/run.svn-base: www_get "PyDirector" "${pydirector} http:/
> internap.dl.sourceforge.net
> /sourceforge/pythondirector/pydirector-1.0.0.tar.gz
>
> grep -Ri -e internap -e sourceforge .  -C3 shows in ./run
>
> # PyXML
> #
>
> if ! py_have_module xml.dom.ext; then
>  xml="${top}/PyXML-0.8.4";
>
>  www_get "PyXML" "${xml}"
> http://internap.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/pyxml/PyXML-0.8.4.tar.gz;
>  py_build "PyXML" "${xml}" false;
>  py_install "PyXML" "${xml}";
>
>  export PYTHONPATH="${PYTHONPATH}:${xml}/build/${py_platform_libdir}";
> fi;
>
> and
>
> # PyDirector
> #
>
> if ! py_have_module pydirector; then
>  pydirector="${top}/pydirector-1.0.0";
>  www_get "PyDirector" "${pydirector}"
> http://internap.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/pythondirector/pydirector-1.0.0.tar.gz;
>  py_build "PyDirector" "${pydirector}" false;
>  py_install "PyDirector" "${pydirector}";
>
>  export PYTHONPATH="${PYTHONPATH}:${pydirector}/build/${py_platform_libdir}";
> fi;
>

> I assume that the site is unavailable. Can I modify the script to point to
> another resource or download and install from the command line. (Which I
> have not done and do not know how). I've only used apt-get and subversion to
> get pkgs
>
> Thanks for offering your support. Any suggestions would be appreciated, I am
> running Ubuntu 10.04LTS on a pentium 4 system. Right now it has a fresh
> install, updated and the following pkgs
> python-setuptools
> python-xattr
> python-twisted
> subversion
> curl
> Postgresql

1) Don't tell me, tell the mailing list.

2) Don't top-post

3) Don't send HTML emails.

4) There are multiple ways to do this. You might sort out a corrected link and edit the script in your text editor. You might download the files, comment out the `curl` lines and then place the files where the script would expect to find them. I leave this to your ingenuity. It's easy to find the file files you need: http://www.google.com/search?q=PyXML-0.8.4.tar.gz

Stroller.