[CalendarServer-users] Install of CalenderServer fails on Ubuntu 10.04

Morgen Sagen sagen at apple.com
Fri Jan 14 16:13:19 PST 2011

On Jan 14, 2011, at 3:41 PM, Cory Emanuel wrote:

> Hello Andre (and friends :),
>
> Can you guys help me get ICal Server to send email invitations to external invitees without using the Apple Mail Server bundled with SL Server. I got it working once out of the box, not exactly, but close enough; I simply had created a gmail (IMAP) account dedicated to testing the email invitation feature. it worked flawlessly, then i decided to replace the gmail settings with my registered domain's email settings. From then on the email invitation feature refuses to work. Right nw all it seems to do is report errors to the infamous debug log such as the following:
> 1/ ...[2011-01-14 18:54:23-0400 [-] [caldav-8009]  [PooledMemCacheProtocol,client] [twistedcaldav.directory.principal#debug] No principal for calendar user address: u'mailto:coryemanuel at gmail.com']....  my two cents: ( coryemanuel at gmail.com is not any OD User's email address so why does it say this? Hes just a guy i wanna invite to my companies meeting, Its almost like Ical Server want all attendees/invitees to be an OD User,which i suspect has something to do with free/busy attendee info preprocessing )
>
> 2/...[2011-01-14 18:54:19-0400 [-] [caldav-8009]  [PooledMemCacheProtocol,client] [twistedcaldav.scheduling.imip#error] Could not do server-to-imip request : <twistedcaldav.scheduling.imip.ScheduleViaIMip object at 0x102420090> iMIP VFREEBUSY REQUESTs not supported.]...
>
> 3/ ...[2011-01-14 18:54:19-0400 [-] [caldav-8009]  [PooledMemCacheProtocol,client] [twistedcaldav.scheduling.scheduler.ScheduleResponseQueue#error] Error during POST for mailto:coryemanuel at gmail.com: None]..

Hi Cory,

These messages don't actually indicate a fatal error, and I see them on my functional server.  They should probably be re-worded.  #2 and #3 just mean no free-busy lookup can be done on an external attendee.

I am also using a gmail account for sending/receiving imip messages from my personal calendar server, so we should be able to get you working again.

Do you see anything in /var/log/caldavd/error.log like:

[twistedcaldav.scheduling.imip#debug] POSTing iMIP message to gateway...

Or any stack traces in there?