[CalendarServer-users] groups

Fredrik Unger fred at tree.se
Thu Mar 3 06:40:02 PST 2011

Hi,

I am new to calendarserver and have a question.

We are running calendarserver 2.4.dfsg-6 (Debian 6.0) using OpenLDAP as
backend.

One reason we wanted to use calendarserver was to have a group calendar.
Not using scheduling but just authentication groups to share a calendar.

curl  -u user -X MKCALENDAR
https://server:port/calendars/groups/groupname/calendar/

fails with

[twistedcaldav.static#info] Directory record
<LdapDirectoryRecord[groups@ xxxxxx is not enabled for calendaring

Ticket
http://trac.calendarserver.org/ticket/330
http://trac.calendarserver.org/ticket/394

indicates that this functionality was disabled.

Now I have read it will some shared calendar implementation in version
3.0 of calendarserver, but what are my options with this production
version (2.4).

Is creating one user and share the password the only option ?
(it is not an option I would like)
Can one "easily" patch back the old group functionality for LDAP ?
(we have working memberof groups in LDAP for other services)
Are there other options ?

Calendarserver for a single user works well so far.

Thanks

/Fred