[CalendarServer-users] Migration question

Jason Miller jmiller at red-abstract.com
Tue Sep 20 15:25:56 PDT 2011

On Sep 20, 2011, at 4:11 PM, Andre LaBranche wrote:

> On Sep 20, 2011, at 2:07 PM, Jason Miller wrote:
>
>>  It should also not force me to use a fatal option of "revert to server" when that will cause it to delete the imported event. It would be nice if it would say, "Okie, I'll take this event, but I don't know who those invitees are."
>>
>> The alternative seems to be an inability to import the data at all with an iCal client...?
>
> The server is doing you a big favor by not accepting invalid data :) It's critical that the starting conditions be correct, or this just won't work.

I don't know that I would classify an unknown attendee as invalid data. If you invite someone to a meeting that isn't a user local to the server, that would be the same criteria, no? The server accepts that data. From the user's standpoint, there's nothing invalid enough about an unknown attendee to force me to take the event out of my calendar store. It also severely hinders your ability to migrate data for users into your shiny new calendar server as there's a pretty good chance they've invited someone external to the calendar server to a meeting at some point.

...or is there a different piece of data that it's choking on that I'm missing? Is the calendar server using the UUID from the Open Directory? Since I imported those users with workgroup manager I would think they are the same, but maybe not.

--Jason
P.S. Where my original message in this thread said "invitee" I meant to say "attendee."

---
Jason Miller
jmiller at red-abstract.com