[CalendarServer-users] HTTP 404 problems

Chris Cleeland chris.cleeland at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 08:57:05 PDT 2012

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 10:11 AM, Matthew Morgan <atcs.matthew at gmail.com>wrote:

> I don't have a solution for you, but I did want to note that when I had
> tried to set up CalendarServer on Ubuntu Oneiric (from the Ubuntu repo)
> about four months ago I was running into the exact same issue using the web
> based interface....getting random 404's for no obvious reason.  After a
> while of trying to figure out how to manually recreate the issue I sort of
> gave up.
>
> If anyone can figure it out I'd be interested in giving CalendarServer a
> try again.  The PHP-based alternative I'm using at the moment isn't the
> best solution for my needs.

I will simply echo that I'm having similar problems using the dpkg of 2.4.
 I've narrowed it down to requested items not being found in memcached, but
the fact that I am a crappy python programmer combined with the fact that
getting calendarserver is NOT part of my day job, I have been unable to dig
in any further and come up with a cause.

I've posted questions on the topic on this mailing list a couple of times
that didn't bear much fruit.   Maybe together we can figure this out?

One thing that may be relevant is that the 2.4 package of calendarserver
runs against the standard memcached installation.  I know that there are
some packages that calendarserver sucks in and modifies, and I do not know
if memcached is one of those.  Maybe a developer can answer this question?
 Can we run calendarserver--any version--against a standard memcached
distribution?

--
Chris Cleeland