[CalendarServer-users] Turn off memcached?

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Tue Feb 7 13:25:12 PST 2012

On Feb 7, 2012, at 1:20 PM, Chris Cleeland wrote:

> Is it possible to turn off memcached support, even with hackery?  I am running into persistent problems running 2.4 on Debian where, after awhile, it appears that memcached gets confused and can no longer find the directory for a calendar. I am not running this in an enterprise. It's my home server, so while memcached is nice it's not that big of a deal.

Not currently, no.  There are currently some aspects of operation for which memcached is required.  That might change in the future, but it's certainly never going to change for 2.4 - that's pretty ancient at this point.

> I'd like to upgrade but have had problems getting 3.1 to run. I don't really have a ton of time to fool with it and am a sucky python programmer, so I'm content to hack at this one until 3.2 can be packaged by somebody who is way more knowledgable than I.

It'd be great if you could report the problems you've had with upgrading so that at least there was some record for someone to look at ;).

-glyph