[CalendarServer-users] Darwin Quick Start - Help on Gentoo Linux

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Fri Jan 6 14:13:47 PST 2012

On Jan 6, 2012, at 10:11 AM, John L. Poole wrote:

> So, I created a user "darwinc" and changed the permissions on the tree
> to darwinc and attempted to launch the server... again,
> there seemed to be problems, most likely with postgres.

The last bit of your log looks like everything was about to succeed, but then on line 382 I see a "..." and a "^Z", indicating to me that you elided some output, and then suspended the server while you were trying to start it up.  From what I can see, it looks like everything was about to work before you stopped it.

My advice would be to start from scratch, as your "darwinc" user, with a fresh checkout, and do "./run -s" first.  If that succeeds, then "./run -n" should start the server quickly.  This is basically the same as what "./run" does, but split into two steps so you have an opportunity to inspect if setup completed successfully.

-glyph