[CalendarServer-users] Changing/disabling default calendars

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Tue Jul 3 00:53:17 PDT 2012

Greg,

You can just re-name these collections in your CalDAV client(s).

Alternately, you can create a new calendar called whatever you like, and then delete the default 'calendars' or 'tasks' collection.

The reason they come back immediately is that it is invalid to have a calendar home with no default collection in it for the supported component types (VEVENT and VTODO).  If you first create a new collection called whatever you like, then delete the original collection, it should stay gone (until you delete the last calendar or task collection, at which point it will come back).

-glyph