[CalendarServer-users] Performance and Parallel Requests to Calendarserver

emport em at svenport.de
Tue Jul 3 04:44:55 PDT 2012

hi,

thank you for your quick answers.

the main problem is the calendarserver at the production system.
unfortunately, it can't be changed.

after your suggestions and advises and my status as newbie regarding this
topic :-( , i would like to ask you some more questions:

Andre LaBranche-2 wrote:

> Verify that you have the server configured properly (e.g. enough daemons
> to handle concurrent requests - see ProcessCount in caldavd.plist).

my local server has the following lines, actually:
    <key>ProcessType</key>
    <string>Combined</string>

    <key>MultiProcess</key>
    <dict>
      <key>ProcessCount</key>
      <integer>1</integer> <!-- 0 = larger of: 4 or (2 * CPU count) -->
    </dict>
i don't understand the comment right beside the integer tag. if i would
change this to X, would this imply that the calendarserver could handle X
requests in parallel? or am i totally wrong?
[is there any documentation about this config file? i didn't found
anything....]

the other question is: how could i determine the version of the production
calendarserver? is there a special request which i could send to there
server (via curl, e.g.) so that it responses with its version (number)?
i didn't found anything via google nor in the webinterface of the
calendarserver.

i tried it by
>>curl -i --trace-ascii - --anyauth -u test
http://localhost:8008/principals/users/test
for my local machine but the only hint was
Server: Twisted/8.2.0 TwistedWeb/8.2.0
but i don't see the connection to the version 2.4.dfsg-6... or is there any
correlation?

again, thanks for you help