[CalendarServer-users] Performance and Parallel Requests to Calendarserver

emport em at svenport.de
Tue Jul 3 13:52:26 PDT 2012

hi,

Andre LaBranche-2 wrote:

> Yes, that is expected in your configuration, for this ancient version. In
> your version, there is a python software load balancer that distributes
> requests to available instances. You now have three available instances
> and not one, so it's expected to see additional listeners.

ok, this sounds reasonable.

Andre LaBranche-2 wrote:

> There is, however, one additional variable that affects concurrency, the
> config variable MaxRequests.

hm, where can i find this variable? i didn't see it in caldav.plist...

Andre LaBranche-2 wrote:

> Just to set your expectation, doing such a large-distance upgrade
> successfully (when there is data to be maintained / upgraded) will be a
> lot of work.

do you mean an upgrade from 2.4 to 3.x? i'm a little bit curios what you
mean by *a lot of work*. my naive approach would be: set up the server,
migrate all *.ics files and go to lunch :)

kinds regards,
emport

[i hope this post will not shown twice, if so i apologize....]