[CalendarServer-users] Performance and Parallel Requests to Calendarserver

Andre LaBranche dre at apple.com
Tue Jul 3 14:09:46 PDT 2012

On Jul 3, 2012, at 12:49 PM, emport wrote:

> hi,
>

> Andre LaBranche-2 wrote:
>>
>> Yes, that is expected in your configuration, for this ancient version. In
>> your version, there is a python software load balancer that distributes
>> requests to available instances. You now have three available instances
>> and not one, so it's expected to see additional listeners.
>>

> ok, this sounds reasonable.
>

> Andre LaBranche-2 wrote:
>>
>> There is, however, one additional variable that affects concurrency, the
>> config variable MaxRequests.
>>

> hm, where can i find this variable? i didn't see it in caldav.plist...

http://trac.calendarserver.org/browser/CalendarServer/tags/release/CalendarServer-2.4/twistedcaldav/config.py

If MaxRequests meant the same thing then (in 2.4) as I think it means, the default value of 600 is ... potentially terrifying; it should stop accepting new work far sooner than that. Anyway, this isn't the bottleneck for you :)

-dre