[CalendarServer-users] Problem creating multiple calendars for the same user

Cyrus Daboo cdaboo at apple.com
Thu Jun 21 07:16:42 PDT 2012

Hi Jane,

--On June 21, 2012 9:52:18 PM +1200 Jane Atkinson <jea62q at xtra.co.nz> wrote:

>> If you can set up Calendar Server 3.0+, I'd be happy to help you
>> diagnose the bad 'create' behavior on the part of these clients.
>> But, for all I know, it's a bug in the old version of calendar
>> server, and when you try a newer version, it might just work.
>>

> I've installed calendarserver 3.2 (from the repo) on Ubuntu 12.10, and
> I'm still having the same problem. I.e. I can create the default
> calendar without difficulty, but other calendars don't work.
>
> I've just been using the default "admin" account for testing; I've
> made no changes to any config files. Maybe there is further setting up
> that needs to be done.

Calendars are not automatically created beyond the very first one when a
user first accesses their account.

To create a calendar a client must use an HTTP request. If your clients do
not offer a way to do that for CalDAV accounts, then they are arguably
deficient. You can use the curl command to create a new calendar like this:

curl -X MKCALENDAR -u user01
https://yourhost:8443/calendars/users/user01/newcalendar/

where 'user01' is the user id of the person who is creating the calendar.
The command will prompt for a password. Make sure you include a trailing
slash on the end of the URI.

--
Cyrus Daboo