[CalendarServer-users] Problem creating multiple calendars for the same user

Jane Atkinson jea62q at xtra.co.nz
Thu Jun 21 16:40:03 PDT 2012

On 22/06/12 02:16, Cyrus Daboo wrote:
> Hi Jane,
>
> --On June 21, 2012 9:52:18 PM +1200 Jane Atkinson
> <jea62q at xtra.co.nz> wrote:
>
>>> If you can set up Calendar Server 3.0+, I'd be happy to help
>>> you diagnose the bad 'create' behavior on the part of these
>>> clients. But, for all I know, it's a bug in the old version of
>>> calendar server, and when you try a newer version, it might
>>> just work.
>>>

>> I've installed calendarserver 3.2 (from the repo) on Ubuntu
>> 12.10, and I'm still having the same problem. I.e. I can create
>> the default calendar without difficulty, but other calendars
>> don't work.
>>
>> I've just been using the default "admin" account for testing;
>> I've made no changes to any config files. Maybe there is further
>> setting up that needs to be done.
>
> Calendars are not automatically created beyond the very first one
> when a user first accesses their account.
>
> To create a calendar a client must use an HTTP request. If your
> clients do not offer a way to do that for CalDAV accounts, then
> they are arguably deficient. You can use the curl command to create
> a new calendar like this:
>
> curl -X MKCALENDAR -u user01
> https://yourhost:8443/calendars/users/user01/newcalendar/
>
> where 'user01' is the user id of the person who is creating the
> calendar. The command will prompt for a password. Make sure you
> include a trailing slash on the end of the URI.

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, the command failed.

curl -X MKCALENDAR -u admin
http://192.168.1.67:8008/calendars/users/admin/newcalendar/
Enter host password for user 'admin':

(Yes, the command was all on one line; the email wrapped it. And I
don't have https set up yet - should that make a difference?)

Jane Atkinson