[CalendarServer-users] Working around delegates with iOS

calendarserver.sgd2 at spamgourmet.com calendarserver.sgd2 at spamgourmet.com
Sun Nov 18 12:03:55 PST 2012

Hi all,

It would appear that iOS does not support subscription to delegate calendars, or at least I have not found a way to do this via the iOS Calendar program.

I would like to work around this, and here is my initial thought:

1) Set up a daemon on the machine hosting the calendar server to periodically scan and export the calendar of interest to an ICS file.

2) Access the resulting ICS file via the normal read-only subscription mechanism supported by iOS.

Does this seem like a good way of working around the problem, or ought I try something else instead?

In case it is a good way, could someone advise how might I accomplish 1) above?

Thanks,
--
Derek