[CalendarServer-users] Again: Howto Contact Server

Andre LaBranche dre at apple.com
Fri Feb 1 13:13:18 PST 2013

On Feb 1, 2013, at 1:09 PM, Stefan Bollmann <stefan.bollmann at rwth-aachen.de> wrote:

> The thing is, that I am not able to synchronize any contact, whether on a mac-client (with the standard address book) with the server or with Android. On my Android I have CardDAV-Sync free. The calendar properties seem to be ok. I can synchronize my appointments. But with the address book, I don't know how to test, what to do...

Add a CardDAV account either though Contacts.app preferences, or the "Mail, Contacts & Calendars" prefpane. Logging Contacts.app should then present a server-side collection named after your server. You need to click the left-most button in this toolbar to see the collections:

Different clients using the same credentials should have the same view of the server-side contacts. The supported use case is for a user to have a centralized contacts database shared between that user's devices and computers.

-dre