[CalendarServer-users] co-worker shown as always busy

Morgen Sagen sagen at apple.com
Tue Jun 11 09:34:33 PDT 2013

That looks correct.  I wonder if somehow the server’s notion of their availability differs from what the UI is showing.

You can use a web browser to inspect the availability settings by browsing to...

    https://[servername]:8443/calendars/users/[username]/inbox/

(You’ll need to log in as that user, or you should be able to view that using your own account as long as that user has delegated to you)

...and scrolling down to the {http://calendarserver.org/ns/}calendar-availability section.  In there you should see something like:

BEGIN:AVAILABLE
UID:F2D88509-9769-4824-85AA-BD81D466AFBD
DTSTAMP:20130610T162614Z
DTSTART;TZID=America/Los_Angeles:20130510T080000
RRULE:FREQ=WEEKLY;BYDAY=MO,TU,WE,TH,FR
DTEND;TZID=America/Los_Angeles:20130510T180000
END:AVAILABLE
See if the DTSTART and DTEND times (following the T, e.g 080000 = 8am) and the timezones are what you expect.

You should also have the user modify their availability via iCal and then make sure that change is reflected in the calendar-availability section you see in the browser.

~morgen