[CalendarServer-users] Permissions problem?

Daniele Procida procida at cf.ac.uk
Tue Mar 5 01:35:42 PST 2013

[Sorry, I didn't notice this had gone to the user rather than the list]

On 5 Mar 2013, at 03:38, Glyph <glyph at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:

> On Mar 3, 2013, at 2:43 PM, Daniele Procida <procida at cf.ac.uk> wrote:
>
>> I've had a calendar server running happily for years with no problems. Recently - since restoring my virtual server - it has stopped working.
>
> What kind of virtual server?  What version of Calendar Server?

It's an ancient version of Debian, 3.2.35, running an old version of calendar server (I can't work out how to get it to tell me which one).

>> Is that normal? Is it possible I have fallen foul of some user id number issue when restoring the server, that's affecting file permissions?
>
> By themselves, these messages aren't harmful, but they do look a bit peculiar if you're getting a lot of them (rollbacks).  You don't see tracebacks logged anywhere, or errors?

Nothing. The error log shows a lot of PROPFINDs, which I think is just the clients connecting successfully, but any write operation produces those rollbacks.

Here are the logs where I launch a client, and edit an event: <http://dpaste.org/7343Q/>.

>> The Calendar on Mac OS X clients are not reporting any issues; they seem to think that everything is fine and that the server has saved their events, but none of the events appear on the other clients. The iCal client on a machine running Leopard has obviously not saved any of its events locally, because its calendar is completely empty now.
>
> On the OS X clients, do you see any log messages from Calendar.app?

Actually yes:

05/03/2013 08:39:06.529 CalendarAgent[6251]: Invalid char _ for PropertyName in line 7
05/03/2013 08:39:06.540 CalendarAgent[6251]: Unexpected EOF, returning last token as fallback

But that's all.

Thanks,

Daniele
--