[CalendarServer-users] Config questions

Jeff Blume wjblume at comcast.net
Mon Nov 4 19:38:27 PST 2013

I'm trying to set up rel. 4.2 of Calendar and Contacts Server on a Mac Book Pro running Lion (latest OS the MBP can run), and I keep getting this error when I try to add a Server Calendar to the Calendar client:

"iCal encountered a critical error while saving to the database, and recent changes may be lost. More information may be available in the console."

I get this same error with rel 5.0 also.

Any idea what the problem is?

Also, the list of "release branches" doesn't to have any notes related to required OS versions, etc.  Folks on the list seem to be favoring 4.2?  Is that the recommended stable release (particularly for Lion) or another?

I'm just looking to sync my Calendar/Contacts with my iOS devices.  This is in preparation for migrating to Mavericks and a new Mac Pro. There won't be any other users (at least initially).  Should the user entry in "accounts-test.xml" be my account on my MBP or a different one?

"accounts-test.xml" stores readable passwords?

Sorry, if these seem obvious.  I feel like I may be missing some basic concept(s).

Thanks,
Jeff