[CalendarServer-users] Running CalendarServer on Mac OS X 10.8.5

Bernhard Spinnler Bernhard.Spinnler at gmx.net
Wed Nov 6 13:16:12 PST 2013

All,

I am trying to run CalendarServer on a MBP running OS X 10.8.5. I am using release CalendarServer 5.0. Setting up the server with the command './run -s' seems to work mostly well. Only one question here: During compilation of Twisted I get a compiler error:

clang -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -dynamic -g -Os -pipe -fno-common -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv -mno-fused-madd -DENABLE_DTRACE -DMACOSX -DNDEBUG -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshorten-64-to-32 -DNDEBUG -g -Os -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -DENABLE_DTRACE -arch i386 -arch x86_64 -I/Users/Admin/Tmp/calendar/postgresql-9.1.2/_root/include -pipe -I/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/include/python2.7 -c conftest.c -o conftest.o
clang: warning: argument unused during compilation: '-mno-fused-madd'
conftest.c:1:10: fatal error: 'sys/epoll.h' file not found
#include <sys/epoll.h>
         ^
1 error generated.

However, the setup process seems to proceed normally and I can run the server using './run'. I can add the server in AddressBook and Calendar, add contacts and so on. Everything seems to work. Any ideas what the error is about? Is it serious?

Then I tried to install the server properly with './run -i /Users/username/Tmp' as it is suggested in 'run'. I get the same error during Twisted compile (which I ignore). However, installing CalDAVClientLibrary fails after lots of copying and byte-compiling with error

running install_data
creating /Users/Admin/Tmp/cs/System
creating /Users/Admin/Tmp/cs/System/Library
creating /Users/Admin/Tmp/cs/System/Library/Frameworks
creating /Users/Admin/Tmp/cs/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework
creating /Users/Admin/Tmp/cs/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions
creating /Users/username/Tmp/cs/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7
warning: install_data: setup script did not provide a directory for 'caldavclientlibrary/ui/WebDAVBrowser.nib' -- installing right in '/Users/username/Tmp/cs/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7'

error: can't copy 'caldavclientlibrary/ui/WebDAVBrowser.nib': doesn't exist or not a regular file

I checked the file 'caldavclientlibrary/ui/WebDAVBrowser.nib' and sure enough it's a bundle, i.e. in Unix terms a directory, not a regular file. Any ideas why I get this error? Could I have wrong tools installed? I have XCode 5.0.1.

TIA,
	Bernhard