[CalendarServer-users] Find group membership of users on client side

Cyrus Daboo cdaboo at apple.com
Fri Dec 5 13:12:53 PST 2014

Hi Gaurav,

--On December 5, 2014 at 1:05:03 PM -0800 Gaurav Jain
<monkeyfdude at gmail.com> wrote:

> Please see my output below. I did get memberships for 'user01' mentioned
> in group record 'disabledgroup'

OK, so what is going on here is that we have a special group membership
caching strategy. Basically, because the number of groups in an
organization can be large, we do not iterate all groups and cache
membership. Instead we look for which groups are referenced as calendar
proxies or other relevant ways, and then only cache membership for those.
So, if you look at user20 you will see them listed in group05 because
group05 is used as a proxy.

What exactly are you trying to do with groups?

--
Cyrus Daboo