[CalendarServer-users] Find group membership of users on client side
monkeyfdude at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 13:20:44 PST 2014
My use case is as follows:
* iCal client
* client has a local cache of its 'group memberships'
* client wants to schedule an event for group 'group01'
* Before it can do so, client need to make sure that it is *still* a member
* client treats CalServer as source of truth
* So it asks for its group memberships from the server before it can create
Hence I was looking for a REST api to get the same from Calendar Server.
On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 1:12 PM, Cyrus Daboo <cdaboo at apple.com> wrote:
> Hi Gaurav,
> --On December 5, 2014 at 1:05:03 PM -0800 Gaurav Jain <
> monkeyfdude at gmail.com> wrote:
> Please see my output below. I did get memberships for 'user01' mentioned
>> in group record 'disabledgroup'
> OK, so what is going on here is that we have a special group membership
> caching strategy. Basically, because the number of groups in an
> organization can be large, we do not iterate all groups and cache
> membership. Instead we look for which groups are referenced as calendar
> proxies or other relevant ways, and then only cache membership for those.
> So, if you look at user20 you will see them listed in group05 because
> group05 is used as a proxy.
> What exactly are you trying to do with groups?
> Cyrus Daboo
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the calendarserver-users