[CalendarServer-users] configuring group calendars

Sebastian Zietz mail at sezi.eu
Thu Feb 6 01:36:36 PST 2014

Hello all,

I have the CalendarServer-5.1 running under FreeBSD 10.

I don't get the point of using group principals. I can share all user calendars via read/write proxies to another user without being in one group and since group calendars aren't supported anymore I don't see what else to do with groups. I also can’t share a single calendar with a group.

What I want to do:

We have two companies working together. The users own a private calendar and should see the Company calendars follows: Members of company_A have R/W access to company_A calendars and R access to company_B calendars. Members of company_B have R/W access to company_b calendars and R access to company_A calendars accept of a single calendar. This calendar should be invisible to company_b members.

I think group calendars as in Ticket http://trac.calendarserver.org/ticket/330 would do the thing. Is there anything similar witch i can use? I am thankful for every hint.