[CalendarServer-users] Backing up Calendar Server Data in OS X Server 10.9.1 (server app v3.0.2)

Yoann Gini yoann.gini at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 04:19:23 PST 2014

Hi,

Le 5 févr. 2014 à 11:59, Max <max at pharmazie-bonn.de> a écrit :

> I'm having the same issue: I want to migrate the calendar and contacts data.
> When trying to backup with "calendarserver_backup backup file.tgz" it says
> "pg_dump: [archiver (db)] connection to database "caldav" failed: could not
> connect to server: No such file or directory"

"Of course" it didn’t work. This script haven’t been updated in Server 3.x. It’s the 2.x script, not updated for the 3.x behavior…

The full error message is:

pg_dump: [archiver (db)] connection to database "caldav" failed: could not connect to server: No such file or directory
	connections on Unix domain socket "/Library/Server/PostgreSQL For Server Services/Socket/.s.PGSQL.5432 »?

And indeed, the unix socket for PgSQL aren’t here any more.

Nowadays the unix socket is located /var/run/caldavd/ccs_postgres_<md5 sum of the data path>

You can find a sample script explaining how to build this socket by yourself on my GitHub space: https://github.com/ygini/osx_misc/blob/master/ccsPgSocketPath.sh

Be careful with other PgSQL based services, it the same kind of joke.

You can read the full details about PgSQL socket path on 3.x on my blog http://blog.inig-services.com/archives/1444 (it’s in french, but it should be OK with Google Translate).