[CalendarServer-users] Read-only contacts

Carsten Pohle cpohle at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 00:18:03 PDT 2014

Dear all,

I would like to provide our staff a shared address book, hosted on a DCS
running on an Ubuntu server. Everything works fine so far, except that
anyone having access to the shared address book (via a shared CardDAV
user account) is able to write changes, even accidentally.

I've read that there was some development with respect to shared address
books in the past. Can someone please tell me what the current situation
is? Is there any path to set up DCS in a way that there is an owner of
an address book with write access and other users or groups with
read-only access to the same resource?

Thanks in advance for any clue

Carsten