[CalendarServer-users] Connection aborted - took too long to close

Cyrus Daboo cdaboo at apple.com
Sun Feb 15 10:48:30 PST 2015

Hi Jacques,

--On February 15, 2015 at 10:47:42 AM -0600 Jacques Distler
<distler at golem.ph.utexas.edu> wrote:

>> Can you login directly on the server and run the curl command?
>
> Of COURSE I can.
>
> And the result is EXACTLY the same. FWIW, the error returned by curl,
> when the server prematurely closes the connection is
>
>      curl: (56) SSLRead() return error -9806
>
> But that doesn't add any information we didn't already know.

The goal is to try to eliminate one thing at a time. What this test shows
is that the problem wasn't some intermediary HTTP proxy that was causing a
problem.

The next thing to do is try without SSL to eliminate any possible buffering
issues with the SSL stack. So can you enable non-SSL access in the plist
(and disable the RedirectHTTPToHTTPS setting too) and try running curl
locally against port 8008 and see if you get the same behavior. Also, when
the curl hangs, trying running a netstat and filter on the port. I would
like to see if there is any write data pending on the server's socket.

--
Cyrus Daboo