[CalendarServer-users] Connection aborted - took too long to close

Jacques Distler distler at golem.ph.utexas.edu
Sun Feb 15 11:11:26 PST 2015

> The goal is to try to eliminate one thing at a time. What this test shows is that the problem wasn't some intermediary HTTP proxy that was causing a problem.
>
> The next thing to do is try without SSL to eliminate any possible buffering issues with the SSL stack. So can you enable non-SSL access in the plist (and disable the RedirectHTTPToHTTPS setting too) and try running curl locally against port 8008 and see if you get the same behavior. Also, when the curl hangs, trying running a netstat and filter on the port. I would like to see if there is any write data pending on the server's socket.

OK, *that* produced something interesting. Using curl on the server, the Response DID return the entire resource.

Here are the headers:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK                                                           │·
Accept-Ranges: bytes                                                                                                                                    Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2015 19:02:47 GMT                                                                                                                     ETag: "81366bb1ab22b568dec1c1d79b156510"                                                                                                                DAV: 1, access-control, calendar-access, calendar-schedule, calendar-auto-schedule, calendar-availability, inbox-availability, calendar-proxy, calendarserver-private-events, calendarserver-private-comments, calendarserver-sharing, calendarserver-sharing-no-scheduling, calendar-query-extended, calendar-default-alarms, calendar-managed-attachments, calendarserver-partstat-changes, calendar-no-timezone, calendarserver-recurrence-split, addressbook, extended-mkcol, calendarserver-principal-property-search, calendarserver-principal-search, calendarserver-home-sync                                           │·
Connection: close

So, evidently, the problem lies somewhere in the SSL stack?

JD