[CalendarServer-users] First request ignored

Cyrus Daboo cdaboo at apple.com
Fri Jan 16 08:30:54 PST 2015

Hi Ulrich,

--On January 16, 2015 at 5:16:12 PM +0100 Ulrich Fourier
<ulrich.fourier at rockyourlife.de> wrote:

> Ok so I tried it with the mac of a colleague who has the Calendar.app
> 7.0 under Mac OS 10.9.5.
> The same Problem occured.
> Is it because I'm using the file system as storage?

That is a possibility as we really don't use or test the file system
implementation any more (beyond maintaining it solely for the purpose of
migrating data to the SQL DB).

Still I am a little surprised this is happening as ETag handling is a
pretty basic piece of the protocol - but if there is a bug we would likely
tell you to upgrade since you have a pretty old server version. If you want
to try and debug this further (rather than doing an upgrade) then please
try and get HTTP protocol logs of a bunch of requests prior to and after a
412 response.

--
Cyrus Daboo