[CalendarServer-users] Calendars drop out of calendar.app in 10.10.2 Yosemite

Frank Fechner fechner at kemper-schlomski.de
Thu Mar 12 07:34:33 PDT 2015

Hi,

thanks for the quick answer and suggestions.
So here are my findings so far.

Am 09.03.2015 um 21:33 schrieb Andre LaBranche <dre at apple.com>:

> Hello,
>
> This reason this is flaky is because what you are attempting is kind of a hack, and isn’t intended to work. ...
>
> I would suggest trying calendar sharing and not delegation. Here are some pros and cons for sharing as compared to delegation:

Sharing is a bit of a overkill because of our use case. Besides the fact that most of us are having full r/w access to the shared group calendars we have a separate calendar for each project and an relatively high fluctuation rate of people (students, freelancers) so sharing of individual calendars to individual users is not considered a good way to do. Also the shared calendars pop up within the users own account group in calendar.app so one can’t hide these listings partially by binding the group instead of each individual calendar.
For several reasons we have some hundred project calendars of more or less historical/archival purposes for the projects of the last 8 to 9 years so every one can see his/our events of the past.

So delegation seems the way to go, but as you pointed that isn’t supported by iOS (which I didn’t check yet…)

> Also there is currently no command line tool for provisioning shares as there is for delegation.

What is this cli tool? Is it for delegation like you do in the account settings in calendar.app or do you mean the calendarserver_manage_principals tool?

Thanks.
Frank