[CalendarServer-users] LDAP Authentication Guidance

Asai asai at globalchange.media
Fri Mar 27 16:27:57 PDT 2015

Greetings,

I been setting up  CalendarServer on Ubuntu and have been able to get
everything working in general for testing and development, but I really
really could use some help in getting the LDAP authentication set up.  I
have OpenLDAP installed at it's most basic, but I'm trying to figure out
how to get this to work.  I have added People (ou=people) and Groups (
as well as Resources and Locations ), but I'm having a hard time
figuring out what I'm doing wrong.  Do I need to create a custom
schema?  Some of the fields in the caldavd.plist I have changed over,
for example, uid to cn, but I'm still not getting authentication to
work.  So, I must be missing something.  I should add, I am an
experienced sysadmin and developer, but I don't have much knowledge of LDAP.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--Asai