[CalendarServer-users] problem with osxframeworks

Cyrus Daboo cdaboo at apple.com
Wed Aug 17 11:24:11 PDT 2016

Hi Emmanuel,

--On August 17, 2016 at 11:52:03 AM +0200 Emmanuel Bourreau
<ebourreau at nordnet.fr> wrote:

> My « very old » Mac Pro is under 10.9.5
> I’ve followed your instructions and saved the output to a file
> I’ve removed the part where it installs Postgresql even if I read lots

Yup - that OS version is a little too old. I did try forcing it to use
OpenSSL instead of SecureTransport, but even the modern version of that
failed to build.

If you are really unable to upgrade the OS (to at least 10.11) and you
really are OK with using the built-in version of openssl (which lacks fixes
for some of the newer SSL bugs), then you may be able to get it to build by
making the following changes:

1) rm -rf .develop
2) export USE_OPENSSL=1
3) Edit bin/_build.sh, change:

    local min_ssl_version="268443791";  # OpenSSL 1.0.2h

to:

    local min_ssl_version="9470383";  # OpenSSL 0.9.8

I tried it with those changes on 10.9.5 and it seemed to work.

--
Cyrus Daboo